Monday, November 24, 2008

The mighty hunter returned yesterday...with no food for his family :( Apparently they didn't even see anything for the entire week, they should have just stayed home as we have fresh tracks in our yard every morning when I go out to do chores! But that wouldn't be any fun would it...besides, I'm pretty sure hunting isn't the only reason they take a week off work!

The past week has been fairly uneventful. My parents took off for Vegas on Wednesday and I was left to babysit thier 2 dogs. Chevy LOVES having them there to play with all day but she sure is exhausted by the evening. She has developed a pretty bad limp on her right front leg and I've been doing my best to keep her indoors as much as I can so she can rest. That silly girl will run and run and run and then when she finally stops she realizes she is sore. I'm hoping she just pulled a muscle and its nothing serious. I will definately be keeping my eye on it though.

And my mom's wonderful dog Kia has decided that its fun to bite the noses of my horses and chase Luna around the corral. She will literally run them down and bare her teeth at them so they take off. To her I'm sure its just a game but the horses get really frightened and poor Luna is now scared of all dogs. Kia knows its wrong too because I scream and yell at her and she just looks at me and wags her tail. Grrrrrrr. It frustrates me just writing about it. Anyone have any ideas how to stop this?

My water hydrant has decided to freeze up and so now I am left hauling water from the house twice a day out to my horses. Its a huge pain but I'm hoping we can figure out a way to unthaw the hydrant. I would love to bring Sami home so I have all 3 of my horses here but until the hydrant is unthawed that definately won't be happening. I can't wait until next year when I have a permanent water bowl!

While I was home alone for the week I decided to tackle the Christmas lights. We have 2 smaller spruce trees at the front of our house that I thought would look great with lights. And since we bought a lot of of lights for our wedding last year, I wasn't worried about now having enough. So, I bundle up and haul out the lights. Carefully string them up around the tree and plug them in.....only to find half of them don't work!!!!! So I rip them down, check them, put the ones that work together and not-so-carefully throw them back on the tree. They all worked for about a day until Kia decided she needed to chew on the bottom ones. So now I definately don't have enough lights to do both trees. I was going to take some photos but it looks pretty bad right now. Once Kia goes home and I get the broken strings fixed, I will post some for everyone to see.

No comments: