Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The First Post

With all the changes that have been happening and the recent move from the city, I thought it would be appropriate to start a blog. Not only can let everyone know how things are going, but it gives me a chance to document what is going on. I'm still figuring all this out so bare with me!!!!

Although we didn't officially get posession of the new place until the 8th, Nov 7th marked the packign day. Originally we had planned to pack our rubbermaid tubs and hire a moving company to do the rest. However, my dad in his infinite wisedom decided we could ask a neighbor if we could borrow his 43 foot dry van and save ourselves a few dollars. Although that meant doing everything ourselves, at least I wasn't the one who had to worry about hauling the appliances into the van! Poor Quinn and Dyshon!! Several people decided to show up as we were nearing the end of packing (good timing people) and after throwing a few final things into the dry van, we closed the door and headed to Tisdale at midnight.

The next morning we were up and unloading. We had a bit more help this time which was definately appreciated! It didn't take near as long to unload the trailer and soon we had boxes stacked in every corner of the house! Although the stacks are smaller, I haven't managed to get every one of them unpacked just yet. In time....

Even with boxes yet to be unpacked, it was decided that on Sunday we would build fence. For the winter we constructed one strand of electric fence to hold my 3 horses. Not too big of an area, but definately big enough for the winter. Next spring we plan to put up some permanent fence (and hopefully an outdoor riding arena as well).

And so now its Wednesday, exactly one week since I have been on the internet. We still don't have internet at home but I am back to work today (same job, different office) and managed to find some time to check emails and start a blog. Its been crazy....I'm tired and I ache but its good to back to the country!

No comments: